Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Home from Judging Outstanding Atlanta Choirs

Finally home from judging . . . and the girls were already asleep. (i hate to miss any goodnight kiss and prayers).

The high school choirs I heard and worked with were tremendous. One of the best was Pebblebrook HS (and I've blogged about them before here). Anyone graduating in choral music education would do well to check out the outstanding level of choral music in the Atlanta area. Great high schools, incredibly sharp students, wonderful music education administration.

One of the best parts about judging is meeting new friends . . . and I met the choir director from Berry College, Harry Musselwhite. I tell you, the guy had me laughing out loud on numerous occasions . . . and I'm not the kind that loses it quite so completely but he was simply hilarious. We had a great time trading stories and talking shop.

Other than my incredible family, I am happiest around other choral directors. It's a small club, but a great group of people.

No comments: