Greetings again, fair students.
Some information on what I've been doing the past few days:
1. CD#1 and CD#2: I've been compiling recording sessions and recently separated it all out into two CD's worth of literature. I'll clue you in on more of this soon.
2. On May 15, I submitted our performance application for the 2010 ACDA Southern Division Convention in Memphis, TN. I don't have any idea if we will get in, but we are in the running. I'll post the news here whenever I receive the yes or no.
3. Plans are moving forward on our Performance Tour of France in May 2010. I've convened a fund raising committee and I'm working on ideas to make the total price more affordable for those that make UAB Concert Choir for 2009-1010. My ideas include:
* individual contributions
* company contributions (advertisements in our program)
* choir performances
* uab support
By the time you arrive for classes in the fall, I hope to have raised a significant amount of $$$ for our trip. One of the primary ways I'm going to try to raise money is in performances around town. In light of that, I'd like you to reserve these dates now:
* Vesper I - Thursday, Oct. 22
* Fall Concert - October 24 (saturday evening)
* Vesper II - Sunday, October 25 (evening)
* December 13 (evening concert) (maybe December 12 at Catholic church)
* December 20 (evening concert)
* Feb 17 Ash Wednesday concert
* March 24 and/or March 31 Lenten Concert