Sunday, January 02, 2005

Blog factoid

From the Pew Internet Something or Other:

  • By the end of 2004 blogs had established themselves as a key part of online culture. Two surveys by the Pew Internet & American Life Project in November established new contours for the blogosphere: 8 million American adults say they have created blogs;
  • blog readership jumped 58% in 2004 and now stands at 27% of internet users; 5% of internet users say they use RSS aggregators or XML readers to get the news and other information delivered from blogs and content-rich Web sites as it is posted online; and 12% of internet users have posted comments or other material on blogs.
  • Still, 62% of internet users do not know what a blog is.
I think this means: If you are reading this, you are smarter than 62 percent of the other internet users.

2 comments:

DaDi said...

Hi,
this is Dagmar from the Choral-net list. I thought I'd comment here directly, with the link to my choir:
http://www.coroeuphonia.it
It is only in Italian though.. no English translation until now, I don't have many non-Italian readers ;-).
Greetings, Dagmar

Chris R. said...

Dr. C (and anyone else who happens to read my uninteresting blog),

I've moved my blog to http://chrisgreid.blogspot.com

Hopefully this will fix that RSS stuff you asked me about.