Monday, November 20, 2006

A response to Charles


Charles Henry, has finally blogged for the fourth time this semester. The subject? Stupid drivers.

In honor of his prolific efforts, I've dedicated this blog to him. First, a few words from Charles:

For the better part of six years, I have owned and operated my own vehicle with no blemishes on my driving record, except for a wreck which occurred while driving very carefully in heavy rain.

Translation:
I'm a perfect driver . . . um . . . except for that one time . . . and it wasn't my fault then . . . it was the incredibly heavy rain . . . yeah . . . that's it . . it was the rain's fault.

Anyway, I noticed this morning that some European cities are doing away with all traffic signs:

European traffic planners are dreaming of streets free of rules and directives. They want drivers and pedestrians to interact in a free and humane way, as brethren -- by means of friendly gestures, nods of the head and eye contact, without the harassment of prohibitions, restrictions and warning signs.

Welcome back to the blogging world, Charles.

2 comments:

jhooduab said...

Translation:
Thousands of pedestrians die in Europe.

Anonymous said...

so basically, Europe will look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI8k8iVRICg


~Sadie