Friday, December 14, 2007

Well, I Did It - The purging of the blogs

Well, I did it. I purged my bloglines feed of all the dead choir blogs. It was a little sad. Back when we started this blogging deal, we had quite a little community all blogging about our life, our music, our thoughts and whatever.

Today, I said goodbye to:
heregoesnothing (Sarah Labriola). Last post December 2006
Caroline Blog (Caroline Spears). Last post August 2005
Zach's Journal (Zach Hill). Last post November 2004
They Made Me Sign Up (Lauren Davidson). Last post August 2006
Who'Da Thunk It (John MarriedKristina). Last post February 2006
Illinois State Choirs. Last post October 2005
The Profound Thoughts of Jonathan Hood. Last post February 2006
ClayTablets (Clay Rector). Last post September 2006
Andy's Often Psycho Rant About Important Things. First and Last Post September 2005
Radagast1986. Last post December 2006
Mitchell Miller. Last post December 2006

Thanks for the memories.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i quit blogging there cause too many people who knew me were spying on it.

Anonymous said...

yeah, I quit splaying my feelings and thoughts out on the open web. Now I just rant and rave at whoever will have an intelligent discussion with me. I do keep a paper journal, and it was good times while it lasted!
Ah! the old days!

Mezzo with a Mission said...

I find this a funny thing about blogs...so you write it because you think that NO ONE will ever read it? Of course not. You hope that EVERYONE will read it and reply/comment on your inner most thoughts and beliefs. Bloggers can't seem to handle to reality that the writing does not get shot into space for Martians to read, it's for everyone else-when someone reads it it's not BAD, it just IS. If it's that private, don't share it at all if you aren't sharing it with a good, solid therapist...

Brian said...

There were 10 "it/it's" in Nancy's comment above, just so you know...

Mezzo with a Mission said...

look at the time I wrote it-I had just suffered under Scott Yoo and his incompetence "handling" us with "Messiah"...I was in much pain...

Anonymous said...

"g",
I think with the past UAB Concert Choir that blogging became a mini-culture. It went through several periods of evolving throughout the years into what we needed it to be. For me, it started as a way to communicate and respond to other choir members, but ended up as a open source for members to vent their frustrations about other choir members. Everything I write online I expect others to view and respond if they feel the need. I left the blogging world because, for me, its purpose was over in my life. It definitely helped me develop a writing style which translated over to my research papers in class and ultimately lead me to write some articles for UAB's newspaper and several local publications.

Anonymous said...

By the way, I still read this blog every day.

Mezzo with a Mission said...

Clayton-I know what you mean-I look forward to seeing if anything new has been added! It's been a great way to look beyond what the classroom experience is. How cool that it led you in such a "life direction," if you know what I mean.

Big Red said...

Simply put:

Facebook ruined the blog. :-)

-Mitch

Katie Mo said...

no kidding, because we thought that was at least safe from Dr Copeland. bwahahaha!
boy were we wrong. nothing is safe.
:)