Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Firsts

This is a "blog series" of journal entries that the choir wrote about the France trip on the way home from Atlanta to Birmingham. I found them to be wonderfully written and some quite profound. Over the next couple of days I'm going to post them here to share with the world. We had an incredible experience in France and these words will remind us of our time together.

From Jessica (Jessie) Brown
Freshman

Not only was the trip extremely fun because we were competing, but also because we experienced a different culture and way of life. It was my first time overseas and I loved being able to see how other people live their lives.

I am so glad I'm a part of this choir because it gives me opportunities to do adventures like this. I loved exploring Paris and the many historic landmarks in France.

The best part of the trip was singing for the French people. Sometimes they had no idea what we were singing but they still appreciated us. Sharing our music with people from all over the world is a great feeling.

No comments: