Wednesday, August 31, 2005

If I Can Help

We are making great progress on this work. You can read a previous post about it here and listen to a recording of Ole Miss singing it here.

Oh . . . And here is the best version of the last page of the work.

Selecting a few soloists for the work will become a primary concern in the next couple of rehearsals. If you are interested, work on it. Now.

MLK Concert Details as I know them below. My source for info is the Alys Stephens Center website, but this is what I know right now.

Reflect & Rejoice: A Community Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Leslie B. Dunner, conductor
Sunday, January 15, 2005; 3 p.m.
Jemison Concert Hall

5 comments:

Marybeth Verchot said...

Wow. I really really like that song.

Philip L. Copeland said...

And you sounded great singing it, MBV.

Clayton said...

Jan. 15 is one day after my birthday. Ill be turning 21 so that may not be a good day! LOL

Keith said...

Have we gotten section leaders yet? If so, I think we should get sectional practice before our first concert ... such as baritones alone, tenors, alone etc. I am excited about the M.L.K. performance. He was a great man and we should do our best to honor him with our best. Plus, I think this piece is very apropos.

Clayton said...

BTW new blog addy: theclaytablets.blogspot.com