Wednesday, April 21, 2010

it was truly angelic . .

Dr. Copeland,

My name is Paul George and I serve as the Director of Development for the UAB School of Engineering. This is also my alma mater, as both my bachelor’s and master’s degrees came from UAB.

Yesterday I attended the memorial service for Kyser Miree. His parents are wonderful friends of the School of Engineering, and – like you – we are devastated at this senseless act of violence. The Miree family will remain in our prayers for peace and healing.

Before yesterday, I had never had the opportunity to hear The UAB Choir perform. That is a sad indictment of me…I love music, I lead worship at our church, and I am married to a Birmingham Southern alum who sang in the BSC Concert Choir under Dr. Hugh Thomas. I have always just been too busy and never sought out opportunities to hear our very own UAB Choir.

Although it was a tragic reason to hear the group, I hope you will pass along to them for me just what a beautiful, beautiful performance they offered. The range, the dynamics, the blend, the arrangements…it was truly angelic. I was touched deeply by their work, and I feel strongly that God used them in a mighty way yesterday. Thanks to you and to them for sharing your immense gifts.

I will not be remiss in finding other, happier opportunities to hear my UAB Choir. Thanks again to all for what you did.

Paul D. George
Director of Development and External Relations
UAB School of Engineering
Direct: (205) 934-8481
Mobile: (205) 482-7003

No comments: