Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Witness

Witness (SSAATTBB) Jack Halloran

Who'll be a witness for my Lord?
Oh I'll be a witness for my Lord.

There was a man of the Pharisees,
His name was Nicodemus and he didn't believe.
The same came to Christ by night,
wanted to be taught out of human sight.
Nicodemus was a man who desired to know
how a man can be born when he is old.
Christ told nicodemus as a friend,
"Man, you must be born again"
He said, "Marvel not, If you want to be wise,
repent, believe and be baptized."
Then you'll be a witness for my Lord.
You'll be a witness for my Lord.
You'll be a witness for my Lord, soul is a witness for my Lord.

You read about Samson, from his birth
he was the strongest man that ever lied on earth.
Way back yonder in the ancient times
he killed ten thousand of the Philistines.
Then old sameson went a wandering about.
Samson's stregth was never found out.
'Til his wife sat up on his knee.
She said, "Tell me where you strength lies, if you please"
Well old Samson's wife, she talked so fair
Samson said,"cut off a my hair" "Cut it off"
"Shave my head just as clean as your hand,
and my strength will come like a natural man."

Samson was a witness for my Lord. Samson was a witness for my Lord. Samson was a witness for my Lord, soul is a witness for my Lord.

There's another witness, there's another witness, there is another witness, there is another witness for my Lord! My soul is a witness for my Lord!!

4 comments:

Big Red said...

Love this choice!!! (I predict, this will be even better than Joshua)

Can't wait to hear it.

-Mitch

Anonymous said...

Hermosa letra de canción. Gracias por hacerla pública. Es posible conseguir la partitura?

jfroman@prodigy.net.mx

Anonymous said...

My Choir is singing this song and it is an AWESOME peice!

Anonymous said...

I actually took this song to contest! I LOVE IT!!!!