Thursday, May 08, 2008

Cap'n Chris Sums it Up Very Well

I read this great post from Chris after I declared the trip over:
The competition was like many I had been to before, almost. We performed at a caliber that rivaled the most glorious moments in my UAB choir history.

After a much needed sectional, I felt that the basses finally found the right balance.

Everything was going so well; the Irish people really liked us and it seemed that the Lord Mayor of Cork was following us around.

We started to lock the chords in faster and make dynamics more polar... it was incredible! With that in mind I know that we all were very satisfied with our performance even though we did not win the entire festival. We had high hopes and emotions and everything looked like it was perfect. Not one person acted in a way that hindered our pride during and after the competition performance. We were simply spectacular.

We walked away with an award and left the stage after the gala concerts as winners, in the way that we, the big American choir, stole the show.


What fantastic remarks from Chris. A couple of thoughts related to his post:

1. Do you think that the people of Cork see the Lord Mayor as often as we did? He certainly seemed to be where we were. I liked him very much and I wish that I could consult with him for my future clothing purchases . . . a very snazzy dresser to be sure. His accessories, especially the ceremonial Lord Mayor wear, were a little much for me but perhaps that kind of thing is popular in Ireland.

2. "We performed at a caliber that rivaled the most glorious moments in my UAB choir history." I agree. Trips like that bring out the best in us. I think we will be able to build on what we learned and experienced for remarkable performances next semester.

3. "I know that we all were very satisfied with our performance even though we did not win the entire festival." A great way of looking at it . . . and it mirrors my thoughts and feelings exactly.

4. "We walked away with an award and left the stage after the gala concerts as winners, in the way that we, the big American choir, stole the show." I can't add anything to that . . . it's absolutely true.

No comments: