Friday, May 02, 2008

We're having a blast


E6DS1882, originally uploaded by philipco.

Things are busy here . . . the competition has us singing in several venues. On Thursday we sang in a well attended library and later in a concert for Ireland choirs. Between those two performances, we had a session with the Lord Mayor of Cork, who formally welcomed us to the city. It was a very nice experience, one that we were not expecting. Following that, we had this picture taken and I think it will become a favorite of mine. Standing with me are the section leaders with the choir looking triumphant in the background.

Here's a larger version of the picture.

More photos here.

3 comments:

Jake Richey said...

OK, so I've been at home where I have had NO INTERNET since Monday...I take it that things are going exceptionally well for all parties concerned in this our massive undertaking. Just one thought for you guys...When I sing on stage with you all there's an indescribable joy that exudes through the group. DON'T LOSE THAT! That's the edge you need in this competition...Sure, be focused, but don't be so focused that you forget to love what you're doing. Ya'll have fun and be safe.

Peace

Ashley said...

These pictures ARE AWESOME!

Mr. Henry said...

I just wanted to wish you all luck. The competition is upon you, and I hope you are all super excited! Don't be nervous, what is there to be nervous about...singing great choral music in an amazing setting with some great musicians and your closest friends? Why be nervous at ALL?! I know you will do wonderful things and change people's lives. Best of luck, I'll be dying to hear the results