Wednesday, October 15, 2008

For Ken Miller

I just had a call from Mr. Ken Miller, one of the most important influences on my early musical life. He gave me the first choral experiences of my life and I was fortunate to have him as my Minister of Music from 1st grade through my senior year in high school.

Mr. Miller may come to our concert Friday night, I just found out from him from a telephone call.

And . . he may be checking this blog for concert details, so I'm leaving them here:

Friday night, October 17th
8:00 p.m.
Alys Stephens Center
The University of Alabama at Birmingham
Directions to the Alys Stephens Center here.

Program:

Birmingham Concert Chorale:

Hosanna to the Son of David (Thomas Weelkes) (1576-1623)
Bogoroditse Devo (Rachmaninoff) (1873-1943)
I Thank You, Jesus (Robert Morris) (b. 1941)

UAB Concert Choir:

Alleluja
EMC 198163
József Karai (b.1927)

Lobet den Herrn
Opus 32, 1
Berliner Chormusik-Verlag
BERLI00009
Albert Becker (1834 - 1899)

O sacrum convivium
Edition Ferrimontana
EF 2558
Vytautas Miškinis (b. 1954)


Long Ago
http://www.musicnmorebyrnr.com/Choral.htm
Raymond Liebau (b. 1937)

Garota de Ipanema
Manuscript, Arr. Cloúis Pereira

Country Dances
Ward Swingle (b. 1927)
SF-2
Glen Gardner, N.J. : Swingle Music, c1970

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great, Philip! I hope that Bro. Ken does get to make it to the concert. I know how much that would mean to both of you... I'd love a chance to see him myself! Have a great concert tonight!