Monday, February 13, 2006

Learning from Last Night

Choir,

Great job at the concert. I'm sure there is much to learn from last night's concert but I haven't put my mind to it yet.

Overall, I was quite pleased with the performance. Great energy, great concentration. I don't think that it was perfect and I believe we can improve on much, but I feel good about where we are right now.

There were several area choral directors in attendance: Megan Wicks (Vestavia HS director), Robert Wright (Univ. Montevallo), Terry Johnson (Vestavia Baptist), Jim Dorroh (St. Luke's Episcopal), Patricia Corbin (Jacksonville St.) and I'm sure a few others that I can't remember. It was an important concert and you did well.

I was interested to find this blog from a Samford student this morning upon awakening. Gotta love tools like Technorati. Interesting comments, and see my response.

7 comments:

Marybeth Verchot said...

I had no idea there was that much of a competition going on between us and Samford. o.o Am I just completely oblivious?

But I thought they did well. They had a really nice sound and I know there were at least a couple of pieces during which I just grinned.

Katie Mo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nick said...

ok I know that I am a UAB CHOIR groupie nerd...but arent I a HS choir director??? hmmmmm...I feel so hurt and misused and ok truly I am kidding...Great Performance last night...that sound gives me something to strive towards in my teaching...yay UAB!!!

scivley said...

Guys, you were freakin’ awesome!! You were nailing parts that challenged us last term. I couldn’t STOP grinning from being so happy and proud. You’re gonna knock their socks off in West Virginia. Dr. Copeland, my family tells me this every time and I have to say it was a neat experience to watch from the audience- A huge aspect of why it’s so fun to watch your choir is the way the choristers watch you. I had an idea of what your face looked like by watching them. (Yes, I giggled once or twice ;) ) You were all “on the same page” so to speak. Keep it up! You are doing great things. You are an amazing group of musicians and an amazing group of individuals. I count myself so, so lucky to know y’all and to have had the opportunity to be a part of what I witnessed Sunday night. I miss you guys like crazy! See ya soon, Scivley

Clayton said...

The samford student's journal has been deleted. The last post i read on there was from Tim Banks. I think that is their director.

Marybeth Verchot said...

Dr. Copeland, you KILLED it.

Meredith said...

Here's your answer Dr. C. I guess I learned how to be a great stalker from you...

I just got out of one of the most influential conversations of my life, and I have decided to leave live journal. Enough damage has been done on my behalf, and I am ready for life after the incident from a few days ago. I apologize to all who enjoyed reading my entries, but this is the right decision. I have a lot of work to do...

Signed,
Daniel Steven Banke