A great post from another blog:
When our voices blend and merge into one glorious sound, our egos dissolve too into a sense of oneness. Singing with others is a humbling experience: no voice should stand out from any other.
A survey (for the Journal of the Royal Society for the Promotion of Health) found that, of the choral singers questioned:
* 93 per cent said that singing made their mood more positive
* 89 per cent reported feeling happier;
* 79 per cent said it helped to reduce stress
* 78 per cent felt calmer.
* 74 per cent were more energetic
* 76 per cent more awake and alert.
* 74 per cent agreed that singing was “good for the soul”