Friday, February 01, 2008

A short message to the choir

Concert Choir . . .

As much as I love you as a collective group and music-making organization, I was frustrated at the beginning of rehearsal today.

When I come through the door, I expect you to:

1. either be in your seats and ready to rehearse
2. or immediately begin moving to your seats and get ready to rehearse

Today you seemed to want an individual invitation to do what you are supposed to do automatically.

I shouldn't have to beg you to get to your places--I shouldn't have to say anything at all, as a matter of fact.

Do the right thing. Be ready on Monday--at the beginning. Or before the beginning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

TOUCHDOWN!
~Andrew

Katie Mo said...

many of us did not realize that it was class time because there were so few people there! I personally thought that through some fluke, you were early! :)

Unknown said...

i'll believe any good excuse.

Anonymous said...

It would also help if the choir room could be open prior to class time. I know everyone that comes down that hall wonders why we clutter the path for fun. Just a thought.

~Lindsey Harrison