Dr. Gainey and I ran the Mercedes Half Marathon earlier today.
See those medals? We finished!
It was a first for both of us and we are very happy we completed the race!
Our numbers (updated with official results):
4:45 wake up time (plc)
00:11:37 pace per mile
2:31:59 total time
Dr. Gainey was #2021 and I was #2022. This time, only two of the men in the 70-74 age bracket ran faster than I did. I trounced the other one. There were at least 600 people who crossed the finish line after we did in the half-marathon.
I had the ipod cranking for most of the race and I'm not too ashamed to share my most motivating tunes:
1. Theme from Rocky (Gonna Fly Now) (this one picks me up every time!)
2. Billy Jean (Michael Jackson)
3. Heaven Knows
4. Play that Funky Music White Boy
5. I Will Survive
6. Long Train Runnin (Doobie Bros.)
7. A Horse With No Name
8. Takin it to the streets (Doobie's)
9. Long Train Runnin' (Doobie's)
10. Flying theme from ET
That's right, I was rocking to Donna Summer and Michael Jackson before you woke up this morning.
It was a blast running the race . . . and I wouldn't have even thought about it without Dr. Gainey. She's tops! Other running pics here.