Tuesday, July 19, 2005

1079 words


rachel
Originally uploaded by philipco.
Longest. Comment. Ever.

It seems my recent posts about marriage have produced some strong thinking amongst the readership. I'm glad! Rachel's response was so long I almost decided that it deserved it's own post, but I linked to it instead. It totals 1079 words. Impressive.

You can read it here.

A sampling of Rachel's thoughts:

With regards to people marrying young, I think it goes a little further than statistics. Your brain isn't fully developed until your early twenties. More importantly, it’s the part of your brain used for judgment (the prefrontal cortex...I think). This is why the drinking age is 21. The majority of 18 and 19 year olds didn't have the brain development to make good decisions about drinking and driving. And yes, I know that doesn't apply to most of us. But just remember all the fools you went to high school with-it makes sense.

With the whole north and south thing, I don't think weather has anything to do with it-except that people in the north probably cuddle more because it’s colder. Maybe, and this is just an idea, all the southerners are caught up in a dreamy, idealistic, Gone-With-the-Wind conception of marriage while people in the north tend to be more cynical and realistic of life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...one of my many future aspirations, considering my major is Journalism...

~Rachel~