Friday, July 01, 2005

Truly appreciated

This is a "blog series" of journal entries that the choir wrote about the France trip on the way home from Atlanta to Birmingham.

Lauren Davidson

One thing on this trip that had a huge impact on me was being truly appreciated by a public audience for the music we’ve worked so hard on for a year. Every concert we sang was packed. Audiences were on the edge of their seats until the end of every song and couldn’t wait to applaud. Once concert even ended with an encore! It’s something I’ve never experienced before and will never forget.

Another thing I loved was being able to visit the many museums and historical places in Paris. After taking Art History in high school, I never really gave all that stuff a second thought. But at the Louvre and Rodin and Orsay museums . .. these pieces of art were right in front of me. I got to learn so much about them, their makers, and why they made them. It was the experience of a lifetime!

No comments: