Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Keith writes beautiful words


I'll begin where he ended:

Discipline, professionalism, confidence and grace.
---key words that I feel describe our choir

I don't need to say much more, except this:

Go read his post before he takes it down.

Several parts moved me but I'll only include part of the post here:

What I noticed the most in our last performance was how gracious each member of the choir is. People don't often know it, but I watch them as a Behaviorist (again, term used loosely) and notice some of the small things. They always arrive on stage with poise and confidence. They sing with discipline and focus and, the best part, when the audience applauds, they lightly nod their heads and smile. The only way I can describe their manner of performing is that they are gracious and that attitude compliments the music. They allow all of the focus to be on the music and not themselves. I think that is what people pick up on. It may not be that we will go sharp or flat but that we behave in a disciplined and professional manner in balance with confidence and grace. This is what I see.

Thanks for your wonderful words, Keith. The entire post is just incredible and I'm so glad you are in the group.

plc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i miss being in choir with u guys!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Dr. Copeland. Sorry about being late today.