Monday, October 16, 2006

Act Like Who You Want to Be

One word of advice I give to people is the phrase "act like who you want to be." I'm not sure who gave me that phrase, but it is likely that it was Dr. Jordan. I know that it was not original with him, but it is a concept that I wholeheartedly believe in. (and yes, i realize i just ended a sentence with a preposition)

I have found that if you "act like the person you want to be" you eventually become that person. Act happy, you become happy; act confident, find confidence.

Scott Adams (Dilbert creator) has written on a closely related concept in his blog today. He is a believer in affirmations . . . you can read about it on his blog.

The simple plan:

The idea behind affirmations is that you simply write down your goals 15 times a day and somehow, as if by magic, coincidences start to build until you achieve your objective against all odds.

Check it out.

No comments: