Monday, October 16, 2006

College of Charleston singing here Nov. 7

On Tuesday, November 7th the College of Charleston will be presenting a concert at South Highland Presbyterian Church at 7:30 p.m.

If possible, I'd like you to attend and it's likely that I'll give you a forgiveness or two on tardies if you show up.

Please, do your best at promoting their concert as well as ours on Saturday!

Their program:

C of C Concert Choir Repertoire
Fall 2006

I.
Praise to the Father in Heaven
Chesnokov

Prayer to the Father of Heaven
Ralph Vaughan Williams

II.
Jubilate
David Maves

III.
The Gentlest Thing
Trevor Weston

Two Sayings form the Tao in the Form of a Scherzo
David Maves

IV.
English secular selections -
C of C Madrigal Singers

V.
Three songs from Chanson Francaise
Francis Poulenc

1. Margoton va t'a l'iau
2. La Belle se sied au pied de la tour
3. Pilons l'orge

VI.
I'm gonna move when the spirit moves in my heart
Moses Hogan

What Wondrous Love is This?
Parker/Shaw

Steal Away
Hogan

Hark! I Hear the Voice Eternal
Parker Shaw

No comments: