Thursday, October 20, 2005

To what palace gate have they brought me?

To what palace gate have they brought me--in the evening, at the end of my journey?

'Twas an outstanding concert tonight, UAB Choirs. Congratulations on all the fine singing tonight; all choirs did a fantastic job.

We began school on August 18 and gave a concert on October 20. There was alot of work that went on in those eight weeks and it all showed itself tonight.

All soloists did a fabulous job. Chamber Choir was thrilling; Women's Chorale fabulous, and Concert Choir excellent.

You should all feel great about tonight.

Nick had a feeling I would blog this evening . . . I didn't want to let him down (because he is already suffering alot from the UM defeat last weekend).

7 comments:

ms. mimi said...

I thought all the choirs rocked tonight! Joel really enjoyed the concert and had several 'cope' comments . . . interesting words coming from an instrumentalist. I think dr. phil inspires him to be a choral director . . . lets just hope he doesn't try it . . . there's a reason his instrument is trombone ;-)
But Women's did great! Focused were they. Lovin' Margaret . . . she's awesome.

Marybeth Verchot said...

I had a great time. That was by far our best performance so far.

Joel Henson said...

Outstanding Concert....Even if it was Choral, LOL!!! Bravo!!!

Nick said...

my suffering aside, this was an amazing concert...again I will state that "ever in my life" was simply awesome...the concert was very electric and it brought me back to some great choral memories in my life...nothing but a smile crossed my face the entire concert...great

delia said...

everyone i have talked to said you guys did a great job, it kills me that i wasnt able to be there to hear yall, hopefully this will be the only one i miss, i love you all...

CarolineLSpears said...

I'm sorry I was not able to attend your concert, dr. copeland! Sounds like you guys did an outstanding job, as usual. I'm sure that if I were there, I'd just get depressed b/c I miss singing in your choir so much. I'll make it to the next one! P.S: we find out the sex of the baby next week!!

Sarah LH said...

i totally needed that, you guys! y'all were so awesome. its so different to sit on the other side of it and be able to just let my soul float instead of bustin your butt to make that awesome sound!