Monday, November 07, 2005

More Samford Encouragement--Thanks SU!

From Jason Leger:

Dr. Copeland:

One of my friends from Samford emailed me this concerning the Choral Festival:

I just wanted to share with you some comments that I read on the livejournal of a friend of mine who is in A capella Choir. During his discussion of the Choral Festival on Thursday, he says this:

"The biggest surprise and best group by far was UAB. I was amazed at how clean, strong, and unified their tone was. That was literally the best choir I have ever heard perform live, and I am going to have to go back and listen to my Los Angeles Master Chorale recording to make sure they weren't better! This choir didn't sound like fifty voices, didn't even sound like four voice parts...they were ONE voice. I had tears in my eyes by the end. Congrats to UAB for giving the most astounding choral performance I have yet heard. I am going to look up their concert schedule online to see when I can hear them next."

Just to let you know, this particular guy is very analytical and is not one to just mindlessly lavish praise upon other musicians without meaning it. For him to pay such high compliments to your choir is high praise indeed. Congratulations for your wonderful performances; all of your hard work has paid off! I'm so proud of you!

No comments: