A few thoughts about tonight:
1. It was the strongest fall concert UAB has put on since I've been here, I think. Chamber Choir was extremely strong, and we can be better. I thought that was the best the Men's choir has sounded and the same is true for the Women's.
2. Easily the best performance the Women's Chorale has put forward. Thoughts:
Regina Coeli. Outstanding!! The last 12 measures or so is just incredible music. You made it exciting--even thrilling. I am considering converting.
Lost Rose: great.
Regretting: Funny! Leigh gave very high marks to Linc and Sam for whatever they did. I never saw it! The singing was hilarious and the audience really seemed to enjoy it.
3. Superb performances for Erin and Anthony.
4. Special recognition to Jake/Kevin for pulling off a band halftime performance and choir performance in one night.
5. Concert Choir did very well. Strongest fall concert but not as strong as we could have been, eh? Quick thoughts:
Regina Coeli: Fabulous. You even remembered the little nuance I gave you before the concert on the Alleluia. This piece will get stronger as we continue singing it.
O Sacrum: Lost pitch. Men still not solid on first chord. I don't know where we lost pitch yet.
Justorum: A great performance. I took it a bit faster at the end and I think that helped it end strong. Might have gotten a little to loud at "Malitie" or however you spell that word. Top of page 3, last measure.
Lay a Garland. Bad first chord, whatever part sings the 3rd of the chord in women. Rest of it went pretty well.
In the Silence of Time: Nice nuance. Lost pitch. Had some great moments.
Black is the Color. Best job we've done on this. Didn't lose pitch! Why not? It should have!
Great and Marvelous. Exciting and powerful. Choir didn't remember to pull this part back: You AAAAALone are Holy. Everything else great.
Lord's Prayer. Quite good.
If I Got My Ticket. Great job. Not the best closer. My fault.