Sunday, December 17, 2006

God smiled upon me yesterday

I was driving along yesterday morning not expecting anything and I saw it: a new sign beside the construction project very close to my neighborhood. At first, I couldn't believe my eyes . . . it was too good to be true . . . yet it was.

A STARBUCKS is coming to my neighborhood. Less than a mile from my house.

And there's more . . . .

It will be the biggest in Birmingham . . . and it will have a fireplace.

I already have a name for it: my new remote office.

5 comments:

Sarah LH said...

you really are far too excited about this.
http://starbucksaa.deviantart.com/

Anonymous said...

where are they putting it?

meredith

Philip L. Copeland said...

On Rocky Ridge road, across the street from the Western Supermarket near VHS.

Anonymous said...

I saw this sign the other day. It will do great business right there by the high school. I'm excited too!

Mary Foster

Clayton said...

I have been chosen as part of the STARTeam to open that Starbucks. Word around the coffe maker is that it is set to open in Feb or March. It is one of 7... yes 7, new Starbucks stores to be opened in the birmingham area. So you will have someone working there to give you free coffee.