Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Francesca, we hardly knew ye

Most in the choir did not have the pleasure of knowing one Francesca Rosko, a dynamite alto 2 in the 2003-2004 choir (I think that is right).

Francesca is quite a character and also a blogger. In her latest post, she talks about how accomplished she is at humor on her trips to the orthodontist office . . . mostly because her competition is in the 5-15 age range.

She's the one with the pained expression of joy in this photo (far right):

IMG_4994

Click the photo for a larger version of that picture.

A sampling of her writing from the trip to the orthodontist:

And the music…yeesh. Alright, I love Jesus. Let me just say that right now. However, I think Christian music, in most cases, is an abomination. I had a teacher, a theology teacher no less, that once said, “stupid for Jesus is still stupid.” I think this is applicable here as well: bad music for Jesus is still bad music. Anyways, my feeling is that most of the time Christian music is really quite atrocious. So Christian music alone would be obnoxious. But you guys, it’s children’s Christian music. For the love! About the only thing I can think of that’s worse than Christian music is chipper, precocious children’s voices singing popular, bad Christian music.

I wouldn't be surprised if she wrote a book one day that propelled her into the national spotlight as sort of a humorous commentator on serious things. A great girl, that Francesca, and we wish her well.

No comments: