Sunday, August 06, 2006

My mini-vacation and random thoughts

Greetings to all that follow this blog.

I've been away for a week . . . no problems, there are just occasioanl (and rare) periods of inactivity on this thing. When I've been at the computer, I've been on my scanning project . . . maybe I'll go into detail about that one day.

I had a brainstorm about UAB choirs yesterday morning in preparation for the section leaders meeting tomorrow night. There are no big secrets; I'll likely share it with them first and then here on the blog. For those of you who don't know about mindmaps, you need to. I use a program called "Mindmanager" for alot of my work and brainstorms and find it quite excellent. You can download a preview copy of it here. When I share my mindmap, you can download the viewer at the same page. You've seen a picture of a mindmap before.

Random thoughts from the past week:

Leigh and I have been without the triplets since Thursday--they came back tonight from "Nanna and Poppy's house." It was a nice break but we are glad to have them back.

Movies we saw during their absence:

1. Talledega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. A funny movie, but don't go there looking for the secret to life.

2. Lady in the Water. I would call this a flawed movie but still very good. I'm a big fan of Shyamalan and really enjoyed this show. Leigh, who chose the movie, didn't like it as much but still found it good.

I've gotten a little distance from my choral music plans for next semester but will be revisiting them this week. I've got to make some final decisions pretty soon.

That's all for now . . . Claire wants out of the bath.

No comments: