Thursday, August 17, 2006

Leigh's first patient

Another non-choir post.

Leigh told me tonight that her first patient of the morning came in for an ear ache. Nothing uncommon about that, right?

Well, Leigh looked in the ear of the child and saw what was causing the ear to ache.

A roach.

Not an EwaRoche, but a real roach.

And, it wasn't dead but alive.

A few moments later, of course, that roach was dead . . . drowned in hydrogen peroxide.

And then the roach was removed. It's not that uncommon, either.

I'm glad I'm a choir director.

Sleep well tonight!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I guess I'll be the first to say that that is sooo gross!! Of course, I would read this right before I go to sleep. earmuffs anyone?

Choral Advocate said...

and the winner of the golden toilet paper roll for most disgusting work related story iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis:

Leigh Hughes Copeland, MD

(cheers and applause)

Anonymous said...

AHHH! Thanks, so much for that... I'm going to have nightmares now.

Anonymous said...

Yet another reason to kill the darn things...

-Tommy Nelson

delia said...

my daddy had an ant in his ear when he was a kid...on his eardrum. he said it hurt, bad...

Anonymous said...

That's disgusting....

Random Blog Surfer