Friday, August 25, 2006

Waking up late . . .

Some of you will identify with this professor, one of my favorite music professor blogs:

But the stress (and lack of sleep) caught up with me. I didn't count on being so exhausted that I would sleep through not just one, but TWO alarms. I woke up at 7:35, just 25 minutes before my 8 am class was due to start. And I made it to the classroom by 7:55, beating most of my students to the room. With my hair done, makeup on, and dressed up. Coffee cup in hand. (Hooray for setting clothes out the night before, an auto-start coffeemaker, and dry shampoo!) But tomorrow I simply have to buy a battery-operated, LOUD alarm clock.

1 comment:

Terminal Degree said...

Heh, we've all done it, haven't we?

I'm now the proud owner of a shiny new battery-operated alarm clock. All is good.

Glad you enjoy the blog.